As winter approaches, the Ballville Township Road Department asks that you please note the following:
- 1. If our snowplows knock down your mailbox, please call us and we will replace or fix it as soon as we have time. We do not repair or fix mailboxes if the snow coming off the blade causes the damage.
- 2. If you have yard damage due to the snowplows, please call us and we will place you on a list to fix your yard in the spring or when weather permits.
- 3. The Road Department does not plow private driveways or private roads
- 4. Do not plow, shovel or blow snow into or across the road. This can be a hazard to motorists and create problems for our snowplow drivers.
- 5. Please do not put trash cans or portable basketball hoops into roadway when snowplows are going to be plowing.
- 6. We apologize for pushing snow into your driveways; however, this is unavoidable.
- 7. If we have large amounts of snow, snowplows will make one pass through their route to open up the roads. We will be making a second pass through the same route at a later time.
- 8. Main roads and hills throughout the township are salted and plowed first; then the secondary roads
- 9. Please, stay at least 50 feet back from our snowplows. If we have to back up, we cannot always see directly behind our trucks, which could cause an accident. We also have salt spraying out from our spreaders and it might hit your vehicle.