Green Springs Volunteer Fire Department
Green Springs Rural Volunteer Fire Department was established on May 25, 1878. The privately owned department provides fire and rescue services to the Village of Green Springs, Ballville Township, Adams Township, Green Creek Township and Pleasant Township. They currently have 31 members and 6 of those members are qualified as first responders or EMT’s.
The Department owns the following equipment: 2008 KME Predator Rescue Engine 750 gallon tank, 1994 Pierce Saber Engine 750 gallon tank, 2001 Firovac tanker 2000 gallon tank, 1990 Badger 2000 gallon tanker, 2003 Ford brush truck 200 gallon tank, 2008 Ford Brush truck 200 gallon tank.
In addition to responding to fire and medical calls within their assigned area, the department also conducts fire inspections, provides fire extinguisher training and provides fire prevention training for children. The department also gives tours and provides other fire prevention activities.
For more information please visit their website at www.greenspringsfire.com.